The Mediacorp Subaru Car Challenge has crossed the 29-hour mark with 101 participants still standing strong. A total of 67 local and 34 regional contestants remain in the running for the Grand Prize of a brand-new Subaru XV 2.0i-S worth over S$70,000.
This is the same number of participants left in challenge last year. The regional team from Thailand continue to stand strong with no drop-outs, while Malaysia and Philippines are also putting up a strong showing with 7 and 6 participants remaining in the Challenge respectively.
The weather continued to be a challenge as participants had to brave through temperatures as high as 33 degrees Celsius early in the day, and passing showers afterwards. At 2pm, a heavy downpour which was accompanied by lightning and thunder resulted in a temporary halt of the Challenge.
Despite all that, 12-time participant Analiza Mokhtar is showing no signs of giving up. She is determined to push beyond her personal best, having attained first-runner up in 2016.
Live Updates – Sunday 28 October 2018, 7pm
1) Participant Breakdown:
|Country||Number of participants||Singapore
- 101 participants – 67 local and 34 regional, remain in the running for the Grand Prize of a brand-new Subaru XV 2.0i-S worth over S$70,000, the exact same number as last year’s remaining participants at the same time.
- Regional teams from Thailand, Malaysia, and Philippines are putting up a strong fight, with 10, 7 and 6 participants remaining in the Challenge respectively.
- Temperatures soared to a high of 33 degrees Celsius early in the day, but participants were treated to a brief respite in the early afternoon, with passing showers cooling them down.
- However, showers quickly turned into a heavy downpour slightly after 2pm, accompanied by lightning and thunder. As a result, the Challenge was halted temporarily at 2.30pm for over one hour.
- 12-time participant Analiza Mokhtar, 40, is showing no signs of giving up. She was close to winning in 2016, coming in first runner-up in that year’s Challenge.